A trip to Victoria would be incomplete without a Mornington Peninsula winery tour. Enjoy the ultimate wine tasting experience with sea views! Or mix it up a little and explore breweries, distilleries, Chocolatier or Peninsula Hot Springs.
Explore the beautiful Red Hill and surrounding wine regions.
’Bout Mornington Wine Region
The Mornington Peninsula region of Victoria, Australia is known for producing a variety of wines, including:
- Pinot Noir: The Mornington Peninsula is considered one of the premier regions for Pinot Noir in Australia, known for its elegant and complex wines.
- Chardonnay: The region’s cool climate and diverse soils produce a wide range of Chardonnay styles, from crisp and minerally to rich and buttery.
- Sparkling wines: The region’s cool climate and chalky soils make it well-suited for the production of sparkling wines, particularly those made in the traditional method.
- Other varietals: The Mornington Peninsula also produces other varietals like Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Shiraz, and Pinot Gris which are known for their elegance and complexity.
The wineries in this region also produce a variety of wines made from lesser-known grape varietals such as Gamay, Viognier, and Tempranillo.
Note that wines made in the Mornington Peninsula are highly sought after and can be a bit pricy, but the quality is worth the cost.
Some popular wineries in the Mornington Peninsula region of Victoria, Australia include:
- Yabby Lake Vineyard
- Montalto Vineyard and Olive Grove
- Main Ridge
- Foxeys Hangout
- Ten Minutes by Tractor
- Port Phillip Estate
- Point Leo Estate
- Red Hill Estate
Note that this list is not exhaustive and there are many other quality wineries in the area.